Nearly 18,000 crimes recorded in Barking and Dagenham last year
- Credit: PA Images
Crime figures in Barking and Dagenham were some of the lowest in London last year, new data show.
Nearly 18,000 incidents were recorded in the borough in the 12 months up until June, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The data, which was published on Thursday, ranked Barking and Dagenham the seventh lowest total crime figure between London boroughs over the period.
More than 53,300 crimes were reported in top of the table Westminster, followed by 34,550 in Lambeth and 33,217 in Camden.
Bottom-placed Kingston upon Thames, by contrast, listed 10,734 offences.
You may also want to watch:
Incidents of robbery were “disproportionately concentrated” in London and large cities, the ONS said.
The capital accounted for 41 per cent of robberies in England and Wales, the organisation added, compared to 18pc across all types of crime excluding fraud.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection