Neighbour tells of horror after Chadwell Heath man is killed in double stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The next door neighbour of a young man who was killed over a moped has told how her teenage son saw the whole ordeal.
Bella Tasci says she hasn’t been able to sleep since doorman Ricky Hayden, 27, was stabbed by a gang of up to four men outside his house in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of yesterday morning. He died in hospital last night and his dad, Paul, remains in hospital.
“It was horrible thing to see – you don’t expect to see anything like that just for a moped,” she told the Post.
“The lady [who lives] opposite is a nurse so she came to stop the bleeding and tried her best to do what she can.”
Bella, 34, added that the family’s pet dog, Roxie, was slashed by the group.
You may also want to watch:
“My [14-year-old] son’s been in tears since, even in school,” she added.
“They were really nice people who said hello to everyone and built their mopeds and bikes from scratch. They did everything as a family.”
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
Ricky worked at Kosho Bar in Romford and was also a bodyguard at Abbey Clancy and Peter Crouch’s wedding.
Flowers and tributes have been left in the small close and a Just Giving page has been set up to give Ricky the “send off he deserves”.
James Tappin, who set up the page, wrote: “Ricky was a caring and kind hearted fella who would be there for anyone no matter what; he was sadly taken from his family and his friends.
“We would like to help towards the cost of his send off that he deserves and support his family who are going through this difficult time.” To donate, visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/RickyHayden
Police have launched a murder investigation and two men have been arrested.
Anyone with any information should call the police on 020 3276 1054 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.