Neill Buchel trial: Guilty pair face sentence for ‘Leg in the Lake’ murder
- Credit: Archant
The fate of the men who killed Neill Buchel before chopping up his body and dumping it in a lake will be decided today.
Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 36, of Clopton Close, Royston, were found guilty of murdering the father-of-two last month and will be sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court.
Buchel’s housemate Scott “Gary” Hunt, 41, of Braintree Road, Dagenham, was cleared of murder on Friday, March 27, but found guilty of perverting the course of justice.
Alan Quin, 28, of Lynette Road, Dagenham, changed his not guilty plea to perverting the course of justice to guilty on February 2, and also faces sentence alongside Hunt.
Bradley Andison, 47, of Villa Road, Rochester, had previously pleaded guilty on Tuesday, December 2 2014, to perverting the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
Quye and Kwiatkowski were also found guilty of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
South African Buchel was last seen alive on March 13 2014, when a group including Kwiatowski, Quye and Quinn, had been drinking in Quye’s flat.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
His left thigh was then found in White Hart Lakes in The Chase, Dagenham, on April 1, before police recovered a further nine dismembered body parts two days later.
Check back here later today to read the full sentence as it is announced.