Newham men convicted of killing Raja Ali from Elm Park in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released shocking CCTV footage of a man’s car being rammed in Dagenham before he was chased down the street and stabbed to death.
Raja Ali from Elm Park was knifed 13 times and beaten with a variety of weapons including a hammer, metal poles, baseball bats during the brutal attack on September 25 last year.
The 33-year-old drug dealer is believed to have been lured to his death by a fake deal.
Today Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham, and Jordon Archambie, 20, of Hesketh Road, Forest Gate, were convicted of his manslaughter.
Zakar Yunas, 22, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, and Daniel Paul Welch, 34, of Winstead Gardens, Dagenham, have been convicted of violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors heard Raja had parked up in Stansgate Road, with two friends shortly before a Mitsubishi Shogun rammed the car from behind.
Seconds later a Renault Megane blocked the vehicle in before six men armed with an arsenal of weapons chased Raja and his friends down the street.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
One of his friends was attacked by two of the men while his other pal managed to run away and hide but Raja was chased into Braintree Road and fatally attacked by three of the men.
Mobile phone records, forensics and CCTV footage identified Bana, Jalo, Welch, Yunas and Archambie at the scene and they were subsequently arrested.
The court heard claims Raja was killed on the order of another drug dealer due to a dispute.
All five will be sentenced on Monday.
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Whellams, investigating officer, said: “This was a pre-planned and orchestrated murder.
“We believe Raja may have gone to meet these men as part of a drugs deal. However, unbeknownst to him, the “Regardless of what Raja’s intentions were that night, when he arranged to meet these men he should not have lost his life.
“I hope Raja’s grieving family are able to move forward knowing his attackers have now been brought to justice.”
Four other men, two aged 21, one aged 26 and the other aged 27 who arrested in connection with the killing were later released with no further action.
The hunt continues to find any other perpetrators.