No prison for young dad who beat man in road rage attack
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A young father has avoided jail after assaulting a man during a fit of road rage.
Laurynas Sadas, 25, was given a suspended sentence at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, after he had previously been found guilty of assault by beating at Romford Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard how he had been driving along Park Avenue, Barking, at about 7.30pm on February 6 while the cars were parked along both sides of the road.
The victim, Siddiq Nizam, was driving in the other direction and neither could pass.
Following an exchange of words, the drivers got out of their vehicles and a fight ensued.
You may also want to watch:
A pre-sentence report detailed how Sadas had become a father just three weeks previously and was supporting his family as the only person in work. District Judge Gary Lucie said: “I have considered in a lot of other cases to disqualify people from driving, but the fact that it would result in a loss of income is the only reason I haven’t disqualified you.”
Sadas, of Ley Street, Ilford, was given a 10-week jail sentence, suspended for 12 months, and ordered to complete 150 hours of unpaid work and up to 16 days of a structured supervision programme.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
He was also told to pay £220 in court costs, £100 in compensation and an £80 surcharge.