No prison for young dad who beat man in road rage attack
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A young father has avoided jail after assaulting a man during a fit of road rage.
Laurynas Sadas, 25, was given a suspended sentence at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, after he had previously been found guilty of assault by beating at Romford Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard how he had been driving along Park Avenue, Barking, at about 7.30pm on February 6 while the cars were parked along both sides of the road.
The victim, Siddiq Nizam, was driving in the other direction and neither could pass.
Following an exchange of words, the drivers got out of their vehicles and a fight ensued.
You may also want to watch:
A pre-sentence report detailed how Sadas had become a father just three weeks previously and was supporting his family as the only person in work. District Judge Gary Lucie said: “I have considered in a lot of other cases to disqualify people from driving, but the fact that it would result in a loss of income is the only reason I haven’t disqualified you.”
Sadas, of Ley Street, Ilford, was given a 10-week jail sentence, suspended for 12 months, and ordered to complete 150 hours of unpaid work and up to 16 days of a structured supervision programme.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
He was also told to pay £220 in court costs, £100 in compensation and an £80 surcharge.