Eight arrested after brawl at Dagenham fast food restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Eight have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following a street fight in Dagenham last week.
Officers responded to a report that a group of men were armed with knives and bats on Porters Avenue at around 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 28.
A fight had broken out inside and outside a fast food restaurant on the road, but the suspects had fled the scene before police arrived.
Around fifteen minutes later, paramedics called officers when they found two men with knife wounds on Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Three males were also at the address, but had injuries that police said were not knife-related.
All five were taken to hospital, though they weren't in a life-threatening condition.
Of the eight arrested after the incident, three are in their late teens, four are in their 20s and one man is in his early 60s.
- 1 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 10 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
They have all been released on bail until late June. Enquires are ongoing.