Eight arrested after brawl at Dagenham fast food restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Eight have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following a street fight in Dagenham last week.
Officers responded to a report that a group of men were armed with knives and bats on Porters Avenue at around 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 28.
A fight had broken out inside and outside a fast food restaurant on the road, but the suspects had fled the scene before police arrived.
Around fifteen minutes later, paramedics called officers when they found two men with knife wounds on Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Three males were also at the address, but had injuries that police said were not knife-related.
You may also want to watch:
All five were taken to hospital, though they weren't in a life-threatening condition.
Of the eight arrested after the incident, three are in their late teens, four are in their 20s and one man is in his early 60s.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
They have all been released on bail until late June. Enquires are ongoing.