Man pronounced dead at two car collision on Heathway in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision in Dagenham, where a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers were called at approximately 6.05am on Thursday, April 30, to reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars on Heathway, at the junction with Oxlow Lane.
The male driver of one car was pronounced dead at the scene. No further details are known at this time, with enquiries underway to locate and inform his next of kin.
The occupants of the other car fled the scene on foot, with officers appealing for witnesses to help trace them.
They ask anyone to come forward who was in the area and witnessed the collision, events beforehand, or drivers who may have recorded events on dashcam footage.
You may also want to watch:
To assist call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD957/30Apr.
Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking