Man pronounced dead at two car collision on Heathway in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision in Dagenham, where a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers were called at approximately 6.05am on Thursday, April 30, to reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars on Heathway, at the junction with Oxlow Lane.
The male driver of one car was pronounced dead at the scene. No further details are known at this time, with enquiries underway to locate and inform his next of kin.
The occupants of the other car fled the scene on foot, with officers appealing for witnesses to help trace them.
They ask anyone to come forward who was in the area and witnessed the collision, events beforehand, or drivers who may have recorded events on dashcam footage.
You may also want to watch:
To assist call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD957/30Apr.
Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad