Opening of Barking Bathhouse delayed
The opening of an innovative temporary spa and healthy cocktail bar in Barking has been delayed.
The Barking Bathhouse, in Axe Street, was due to open its doors to the public tomorrow but will now open on July 26 because building work is not yet complete.
But residents have the chance to walk around the site during an open day next Friday (July 20.)
The spa will offer visitors a variety of treatments made from produce grown by local gardeners.
It will also feature a traditional wooden sauna and dry ice cold room as well as a bar serving healthy cocktails under a canopy of cucumbers.
The spa, which closes on September 16, has been commissioned by London arts project CREATE, designed by Something & Son and is part of the London 2012 festival.
The festival celebrates the Olympics through thousands of events across the UK.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
The bathhouse is inspired by 20th century working men’s bathhouses, modern spas and Barking’s industrial heritage.
Entry into the building is free. Treatments can be reserved in advance or ordered on site.
For more information go to createlondon.org.