Opening of Barking Bathhouse delayed
The opening of an innovative temporary spa and healthy cocktail bar in Barking has been delayed.
The Barking Bathhouse, in Axe Street, was due to open its doors to the public tomorrow but will now open on July 26 because building work is not yet complete.
But residents have the chance to walk around the site during an open day next Friday (July 20.)
The spa will offer visitors a variety of treatments made from produce grown by local gardeners.
It will also feature a traditional wooden sauna and dry ice cold room as well as a bar serving healthy cocktails under a canopy of cucumbers.
You may also want to watch:
The spa, which closes on September 16, has been commissioned by London arts project CREATE, designed by Something & Son and is part of the London 2012 festival.
The festival celebrates the Olympics through thousands of events across the UK.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
The bathhouse is inspired by 20th century working men’s bathhouses, modern spas and Barking’s industrial heritage.
Entry into the building is free. Treatments can be reserved in advance or ordered on site.
For more information go to createlondon.org.