Opening of Barking Bathhouse delayed
The opening of an innovative temporary spa and healthy cocktail bar in Barking has been delayed.
The Barking Bathhouse, in Axe Street, was due to open its doors to the public tomorrow but will now open on July 26 because building work is not yet complete.
But residents have the chance to walk around the site during an open day next Friday (July 20.)
The spa will offer visitors a variety of treatments made from produce grown by local gardeners.
It will also feature a traditional wooden sauna and dry ice cold room as well as a bar serving healthy cocktails under a canopy of cucumbers.
You may also want to watch:
The spa, which closes on September 16, has been commissioned by London arts project CREATE, designed by Something & Son and is part of the London 2012 festival.
The festival celebrates the Olympics through thousands of events across the UK.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
The bathhouse is inspired by 20th century working men’s bathhouses, modern spas and Barking’s industrial heritage.
Entry into the building is free. Treatments can be reserved in advance or ordered on site.
For more information go to createlondon.org.