Operation Big Wing makes 14 arrests in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Suspected robbers, burglars and drug dealers were among those arrested in a major crackdown on crime on Wednesday.
Barking and Dagenham officers joined the London-wide Operation Big Wing in carrying out activity focused on arrests, search warrants and licensing checks.
Across the borough, there were 14 arrests made, 2 uninsured vehicles seized, 40 stop and searches made, 41 licensing visits, one cannabis warning and one dangerous dog seized.
Officers also conducted street briefings and police surgeries to inform the public on crime and disorder in the area.
Acting supt Mike Hamer said: “This operation has targeted both the violent offences that can increase fear of crime and the lower level issues such as anti-social behaviour that can make life miserable for the community. Big Wing has demonstrated to residents and businesses that we are listening to what they tell us and we are acting on the information they provide.”
You may also want to watch:
Big Wing operations have been running since 2011 but the Met Police said this week’s was the biggest yet which saw 600 arrests made across the capital.
Incidents included a man suspected to have absconded from prison, the discovery of half a kilo of crack cocaine and the seizure of £35,000 worth of designer handbags.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week