Greatfields Park searched as police investigate disappearance of man from Barking
- Credit: Archant
Arrests have been made and a crime scene established at a park as police continue to investigate the disappearance of a man from Barking.
Specialist officers were at Greatfields Park in Barking on Christmas Day and yesterday carrying out a search, which the Met says is related missing man Dennis Farnall, 62.
Mr Farnall was last seen on Thursday, December 19, in Barking.
On Christmas Day, Barking and Dagenham police tweeted: "Police have launched an investigation following the disappearance of a man reported missing from Barking.
"Specialist search officers are currently searching Greatfields Park, Barking whilst the park remains a crime scene.
You may also want to watch:
"Arrests have been made and enquiries continue."
Anyone who has seen Mr Farnall or has any information about his whereabouts is asked to call police on 101 and quote 19MIS050362.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown