Pensioner attacked in Dagenham home during attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has been injured after being pushed to the floor during an attempted burglary in her own home in Dagenham.
The incident took place at about 1.30pm on Friday when the victim, aged in her 80s, answered the door to a man who claimed he was from a water company and needed to check the water pressure inside her house.
After entering the house, the man grabbed the victim and pushed her to the floor, causing the victim to sustain a hand injury.
The suspect, who fled empty handed, is described as a white man, aged approximately 40 and was wearing a Hi Viz sleeveless jacket.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to her injury and has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1057 or call police via 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 7 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks