Person stabbed in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A person has been stabbed in Barking this evening.
Police were called to reports of a stabbing in London Road at around 6.30pm.
The road is currently closed while emergency services are on the scene.
The victim’s condition is not known, although two men were seen going into an ambulance - one in a wheelchair, and one walking but with a wound to his arm.
Eyewitnesses have reported police and medics going into one of the restaurants on London Road.
You may also want to watch:
A woman who works in a shop on the other side of the road but did not want to be named said: “I was just working in the shop and heard the sound of sirens.
“We came out and there were police everywhere going into the building across the road.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
She added: “Every week now something is happening. My son is 13 and he won’t go out.
“He’ll visit Woodford but he won’t go to Leytonstone, Barking or Westfield.
“I don’t get the bus anymore, I get picked up. It’s all the time now.”