Person stabbed in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A person has been stabbed in Barking this evening.
Police were called to reports of a stabbing in London Road at around 6.30pm.
The road is currently closed while emergency services are on the scene.
The victim’s condition is not known, although two men were seen going into an ambulance - one in a wheelchair, and one walking but with a wound to his arm.
Eyewitnesses have reported police and medics going into one of the restaurants on London Road.
You may also want to watch:
A woman who works in a shop on the other side of the road but did not want to be named said: “I was just working in the shop and heard the sound of sirens.
“We came out and there were police everywhere going into the building across the road.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
She added: “Every week now something is happening. My son is 13 and he won’t go out.
“He’ll visit Woodford but he won’t go to Leytonstone, Barking or Westfield.
“I don’t get the bus anymore, I get picked up. It’s all the time now.”