Police appeal after elderly woman burgled
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary, costing her more than £100.
On Sunday, July 6, at midday a woman knocked on the elderly victim’s door in Woodshire Road, Dagenham, and convinced her she worked for a children’s charity.
After an hour-long chat over tea, the pensioner noticed her purse and a small wallet were missing from her handbag, in the room they had been talking in.
More than £100 in cash and various bank cards were stolen.
The suspect is described as a white woman aged about 30. She was 5ft 2ins tall with shoulder-length fair hair.
You may also want to watch:
Call Sgt Gary Routh, from Eastbrook Safer Neighbourhoods Team, on 101 – or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 – if you have information.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 7 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking