Police appeal after elderly woman burgled
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary, costing her more than £100.
On Sunday, July 6, at midday a woman knocked on the elderly victim’s door in Woodshire Road, Dagenham, and convinced her she worked for a children’s charity.
After an hour-long chat over tea, the pensioner noticed her purse and a small wallet were missing from her handbag, in the room they had been talking in.
More than £100 in cash and various bank cards were stolen.
The suspect is described as a white woman aged about 30. She was 5ft 2ins tall with shoulder-length fair hair.
You may also want to watch:
Call Sgt Gary Routh, from Eastbrook Safer Neighbourhoods Team, on 101 – or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 – if you have information.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 9 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection