Police appeal after teenager stabbed outside Barking station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives want to speak to these six men following an attack outside Barking station.
The Met has released CCTV images of the group after a 16-year-old was stabbed through the hand and badly beaten.
The incident happened at about 7.30pm on Friday, October 16, after the victim was approached by a group of men.
“One of the men tried to punch him in the chest,” said a police spokesman. “He missed and as the victim ran away from the group, he was chased across Station Parade.
“The group of suspects caught up with the victim outside the 238 bus stop and assaulted him. One of the men stabbed him twice in the hand.”
Ambulance crews took the boy to an east London hospital where he was treated for two fractures to his lower jaw.
CCTV from a nearby shop captured six men chasing the victim across Station Parade and then walk off down the road following the assault. The suspects are all described as aged 16-20 years old.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 10 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
The first is described as an Asian man wearing a grey jumper with a white collar. He is seen wearing jeans and black and white shoes (ref: 196987)
The second suspect is described as an Asian man with his hair tied up in a bun wearing a dark top, black shoes and white socks wearing a bag on his shoulder (ref: 196988)
The third suspect is described as a man with a fur hood, beige trousers and black shoes (ref: 196989). The fourth suspect is described as a man in dark clothing wearing black gloves and a grey bag (ref: 196990)
The fifth suspect is described as a Asian man wearing grey clothing with black and white shoes and an object in his hand (ref: 196991). The sixth suspect is described as an Asian man wearing a black jacket with a fur collar, grey jeans and dark shoes (ref: 196992)
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101, quoting the relevant reference number. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.