Police appeal following two stabbings in six days on same Barking street
- Credit: Google
Police have launched an appeal for witnesses after two stabbings took place within a week of each other on the same street in Barking.
Officers are “considering the possibility” the incidents are linked but cannot say for sure.
The first attack took place at about 8.30pm on Thursday, November 15.
The victim, 25, said he had been walking down Longbridge Road when a man stepped out in front of him, stabbed him in the back and ran off.
The suspect is described as about 6ft tall and wearing a brown hoodie, sporty trousers and trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Days later a 47-year-old man needed surgery after a similar attack at about 9.45pm on Wednesday, November 21.
His attacker was described as a slim, black male of 5ft 3ins tall, who wore a grey hoodie, dark trousers and grey trainers.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Detectives want to speak to anyone who saw either of the two stabbings.
You can contact them on 020 8345 4329 quoting reference 7669/21NOV18.