Police arrest 39 year old on suspicion of perverting justice in connection with unexplained Barking death
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, in connection with the unexplained death of a Barking man.
He was arrested on Thursday, June 26, but has been bailed to a date in early August pending further enquiries.
Police were called at 4.20am on June 19 when a man, thought to be 23 years old, was found collapsed in Cooke Street, Barking, but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know the identity of the deceased and enquiries are underway to locate and inform next of kin.
A post-mortem examination held at Queen’s Hospital on Friday, June 20, was inconclusive and police await the result of toxicology tests.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Mike Hamer of Barking and Dagenham Police said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of Cooke Street in the early hours of June 19 and may have seen anything unusual to speak to police.
“A man was found collapsed at 4.20 and we need to know how he came to be there.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“At this early stage we are keeping an open mind with regards to this death that is being treated as unexplained and any information the public can provide will assist us.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
Man dies in ‘unexplained’ circumstances in BarkingPolice continue appeal for information on man’s death in Barking after ‘inconclusive’ autopsyDagenham double death couple killed by airgun shots to the head, post mortems reveal