Police arrest 39 year old on suspicion of perverting justice in connection with unexplained Barking death
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, in connection with the unexplained death of a Barking man.
He was arrested on Thursday, June 26, but has been bailed to a date in early August pending further enquiries.
Police were called at 4.20am on June 19 when a man, thought to be 23 years old, was found collapsed in Cooke Street, Barking, but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know the identity of the deceased and enquiries are underway to locate and inform next of kin.
A post-mortem examination held at Queen’s Hospital on Friday, June 20, was inconclusive and police await the result of toxicology tests.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Mike Hamer of Barking and Dagenham Police said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of Cooke Street in the early hours of June 19 and may have seen anything unusual to speak to police.
“A man was found collapsed at 4.20 and we need to know how he came to be there.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
“At this early stage we are keeping an open mind with regards to this death that is being treated as unexplained and any information the public can provide will assist us.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
Man dies in ‘unexplained’ circumstances in BarkingPolice continue appeal for information on man’s death in Barking after ‘inconclusive’ autopsyDagenham double death couple killed by airgun shots to the head, post mortems reveal