Police find live weapons during raid in Dagenham
Armed police seized four shotguns in a raid on a travellers’ site in Dagenham.
The officers found three sawn-off guns and a Beretta semi-automatic as well as live cartridges in a car at the site near The Chase nature reserve in Dagenham Road.
Detectives were today trying to trace the car owner after officers from the Specialist Firearms Command CO19 executed a search warrant on Monday evening.
Det Insp Rob Murray, of the Met’s central task force, said: “Today’s pro-active operation has seen four potentially lethal firearms removed from circulation and illustrates the commitment of the central task force in tackling organised crime and the supply of firearms within the capital.”
The weapons, which are all capable of firing, have been sent for forensic testing, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL