Police find live weapons during raid in Dagenham
Armed police seized four shotguns in a raid on a travellers’ site in Dagenham.
The officers found three sawn-off guns and a Beretta semi-automatic as well as live cartridges in a car at the site near The Chase nature reserve in Dagenham Road.
Detectives were today trying to trace the car owner after officers from the Specialist Firearms Command CO19 executed a search warrant on Monday evening.
Det Insp Rob Murray, of the Met’s central task force, said: “Today’s pro-active operation has seen four potentially lethal firearms removed from circulation and illustrates the commitment of the central task force in tackling organised crime and the supply of firearms within the capital.”
The weapons, which are all capable of firing, have been sent for forensic testing, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils