Police find live weapons during raid in Dagenham
Armed police seized four shotguns in a raid on a travellers’ site in Dagenham.
The officers found three sawn-off guns and a Beretta semi-automatic as well as live cartridges in a car at the site near The Chase nature reserve in Dagenham Road.
Detectives were today trying to trace the car owner after officers from the Specialist Firearms Command CO19 executed a search warrant on Monday evening.
Det Insp Rob Murray, of the Met’s central task force, said: “Today’s pro-active operation has seen four potentially lethal firearms removed from circulation and illustrates the commitment of the central task force in tackling organised crime and the supply of firearms within the capital.”
The weapons, which are all capable of firing, have been sent for forensic testing, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs