Police find live weapons during raid in Dagenham
Armed police seized four shotguns in a raid on a travellers’ site in Dagenham.
The officers found three sawn-off guns and a Beretta semi-automatic as well as live cartridges in a car at the site near The Chase nature reserve in Dagenham Road.
Detectives were today trying to trace the car owner after officers from the Specialist Firearms Command CO19 executed a search warrant on Monday evening.
Det Insp Rob Murray, of the Met’s central task force, said: “Today’s pro-active operation has seen four potentially lethal firearms removed from circulation and illustrates the commitment of the central task force in tackling organised crime and the supply of firearms within the capital.”
The weapons, which are all capable of firing, have been sent for forensic testing, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 2 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 3 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 4 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 5 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 9 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital