Police find live weapons during raid in Dagenham
Armed police seized four shotguns in a raid on a travellers’ site in Dagenham.
The officers found three sawn-off guns and a Beretta semi-automatic as well as live cartridges in a car at the site near The Chase nature reserve in Dagenham Road.
Detectives were today trying to trace the car owner after officers from the Specialist Firearms Command CO19 executed a search warrant on Monday evening.
Det Insp Rob Murray, of the Met’s central task force, said: “Today’s pro-active operation has seen four potentially lethal firearms removed from circulation and illustrates the commitment of the central task force in tackling organised crime and the supply of firearms within the capital.”
The weapons, which are all capable of firing, have been sent for forensic testing, a police spokesman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 7 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids