Police hunt youth who snatched seven-year-old girl’s phone on the street in Barking
Police are hunting a youth who snatched a mobile from phone a seven-year-old girl’s hand before being chased along the street.
The phone was taken as the girl walked by the suspect close to the junction with Harrow Road and Devon Road, Barking, at around noon on Saturday, June 22.
The young victim gave chase, shouting that he had taken her phone and prompting several others to join in tracking the youth along Ripple Road towards Barking, police said.
“This is a particularly nasty robbery in that it was committed against a defenceless child,” said Det Con Malcolm Young.
“I would urge anyone who thinks that they know the suspect to call me as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers are looking for a white male, aged between 16 and 17, with spiky black hair and a goatee beard. He was wearing a grey top under an orange body warmer.
The child was not injured during the incident.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
Anyone with information, or who might have been one of the people giving chase to the suspect, is urged to contact Det Con Malcolm Young of Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1059 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.