Police hunt youth who snatched seven-year-old girl’s phone on the street in Barking
Police are hunting a youth who snatched a mobile from phone a seven-year-old girl’s hand before being chased along the street.
The phone was taken as the girl walked by the suspect close to the junction with Harrow Road and Devon Road, Barking, at around noon on Saturday, June 22.
The young victim gave chase, shouting that he had taken her phone and prompting several others to join in tracking the youth along Ripple Road towards Barking, police said.
“This is a particularly nasty robbery in that it was committed against a defenceless child,” said Det Con Malcolm Young.
“I would urge anyone who thinks that they know the suspect to call me as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers are looking for a white male, aged between 16 and 17, with spiky black hair and a goatee beard. He was wearing a grey top under an orange body warmer.
The child was not injured during the incident.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
Anyone with information, or who might have been one of the people giving chase to the suspect, is urged to contact Det Con Malcolm Young of Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1059 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.