Police hunting gang behind armed cash-in-transit robbery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information to help them catch a gang behind an armed robbery.
A cash-in-transit van was robbed at gunpoint as it was leaving Westfield Stratford City at 2am on September 17.
The guards had just completed their collections from the shopping centre when two cars boxed the van in, and a number of men forced the guards out of the van and into one of the cars.
One of the gang, followed by the two cars, drove the van to Britten Court, in Abbey Lane, Stratford where they stole a number of cash boxes.
The guards were then locked in their van before the gang made off in their cars. The cash boxes were recovered nearby.
Anyone with any information should call the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 8 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 9 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns