Police hunting gang behind armed cash-in-transit robbery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information to help them catch a gang behind an armed robbery.
A cash-in-transit van was robbed at gunpoint as it was leaving Westfield Stratford City at 2am on September 17.
The guards had just completed their collections from the shopping centre when two cars boxed the van in, and a number of men forced the guards out of the van and into one of the cars.
One of the gang, followed by the two cars, drove the van to Britten Court, in Abbey Lane, Stratford where they stole a number of cash boxes.
The guards were then locked in their van before the gang made off in their cars. The cash boxes were recovered nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote