Police hunting gang behind armed cash-in-transit robbery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information to help them catch a gang behind an armed robbery.
A cash-in-transit van was robbed at gunpoint as it was leaving Westfield Stratford City at 2am on September 17.
The guards had just completed their collections from the shopping centre when two cars boxed the van in, and a number of men forced the guards out of the van and into one of the cars.
One of the gang, followed by the two cars, drove the van to Britten Court, in Abbey Lane, Stratford where they stole a number of cash boxes.
The guards were then locked in their van before the gang made off in their cars. The cash boxes were recovered nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper