Police issue stills after Barking teen is injured in New Year’s Day attack
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of men wanted in connection with an attack that left a New Year’s Day reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old from Barking suffered cuts to the head, cheek and hand after being set upon by a gang armed with a sharp object and a bottle.
Today, police appealed for witnesses to trace several men in connection with the “unprovoked” attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Det Sgt Fintan Egan said: “The victim, a 17-year-old from Essex, had been out celebrating in London with friends and was making his way home on his own.
“As he made his way up the stairs towards the platforms, unprovoked, a group of between five and six men chased after the victim and attacked him.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim suffered a cut to his head, cheek and hand and required stitches for his injuries.”
The incident took place at around 12.50am. Anyone with information is urged to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils