Police issue stills after Barking teen is injured in New Year’s Day attack
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of men wanted in connection with an attack that left a New Year’s Day reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old from Barking suffered cuts to the head, cheek and hand after being set upon by a gang armed with a sharp object and a bottle.
Today, police appealed for witnesses to trace several men in connection with the “unprovoked” attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Det Sgt Fintan Egan said: “The victim, a 17-year-old from Essex, had been out celebrating in London with friends and was making his way home on his own.
“As he made his way up the stairs towards the platforms, unprovoked, a group of between five and six men chased after the victim and attacked him.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim suffered a cut to his head, cheek and hand and required stitches for his injuries.”
The incident took place at around 12.50am. Anyone with information is urged to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot