Police issue stills after Barking teen is injured in New Year’s Day attack
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of men wanted in connection with an attack that left a New Year’s Day reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old from Barking suffered cuts to the head, cheek and hand after being set upon by a gang armed with a sharp object and a bottle.
Today, police appealed for witnesses to trace several men in connection with the “unprovoked” attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Det Sgt Fintan Egan said: “The victim, a 17-year-old from Essex, had been out celebrating in London with friends and was making his way home on his own.
“As he made his way up the stairs towards the platforms, unprovoked, a group of between five and six men chased after the victim and attacked him.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim suffered a cut to his head, cheek and hand and required stitches for his injuries.”
The incident took place at around 12.50am. Anyone with information is urged to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week