Police issue warning about parking scam in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A man is targeting elderly people around Wood Lane and Dagenham Heathway with a parking scam.
A man is targeting elderly people in Dagenham with a parking scam.
The suspect approaches elderly or vulnerable people that have parked in Wood Lane and Dagenham Heathway, as they are about to enter a shop.
He tells them they’ve committed a parking offence which has been caught on CCTV, but he can help them cancel it at a cash machine.
He helps them use the cash machine, watching them input the pin number and distracting them by talking.
You may also want to watch:
When the victim tries to get their card from the machine, he tells them it must be broken or the machine has swallowed their card, and walks off.
The suspect then quickly goes to other machines, withdrawing as much money as possible.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
Police are warning people to be vigilant if parking in the area.
If you know the identity of the suspect, please call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111, or send a direct message on Twitter @MPSBarkDag.