Police manhunt in London for gunman after Essex attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an armed fugitive who could be hiding out in the borough following an attempted murder in west Essex.
The incident took place on Tuesday (27) at 3.30pm on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, Essex, where two men sustained gunshot wounds to the legs and chest.
They are both recovering in hospital under police protection.
Officers say was the latest chapter in an ongoing neighbour fued that escalated outside a shop in Harold Wood, Romford, earlier that day.
Detectives have turned their attention to 27-year-old Francis O’Donoghue who was at the site at the time of the shooting and is thought to be hiding out with friends or relatives in Essex or London.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police’s supt Trevor Roe said: “We have taken several witness statements which all suggest that Francis O’Donoghue was at the site at the time of the shooting and so our focus is primarily now on finding him.
“We would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue, or know his whereabouts, call 999.