Police manhunt in London for gunman after Essex attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an armed fugitive who could be hiding out in the borough following an attempted murder in west Essex.
The incident took place on Tuesday (27) at 3.30pm on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, Essex, where two men sustained gunshot wounds to the legs and chest.
They are both recovering in hospital under police protection.
Officers say was the latest chapter in an ongoing neighbour fued that escalated outside a shop in Harold Wood, Romford, earlier that day.
Detectives have turned their attention to 27-year-old Francis O’Donoghue who was at the site at the time of the shooting and is thought to be hiding out with friends or relatives in Essex or London.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police’s supt Trevor Roe said: “We have taken several witness statements which all suggest that Francis O’Donoghue was at the site at the time of the shooting and so our focus is primarily now on finding him.
“We would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue, or know his whereabouts, call 999.