Police manhunt in London for gunman after Essex attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an armed fugitive who could be hiding out in the borough following an attempted murder in west Essex.
The incident took place on Tuesday (27) at 3.30pm on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, Essex, where two men sustained gunshot wounds to the legs and chest.
They are both recovering in hospital under police protection.
Officers say was the latest chapter in an ongoing neighbour fued that escalated outside a shop in Harold Wood, Romford, earlier that day.
Detectives have turned their attention to 27-year-old Francis O’Donoghue who was at the site at the time of the shooting and is thought to be hiding out with friends or relatives in Essex or London.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police’s supt Trevor Roe said: “We have taken several witness statements which all suggest that Francis O’Donoghue was at the site at the time of the shooting and so our focus is primarily now on finding him.
“We would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue, or know his whereabouts, call 999.