Police manhunt in London for gunman after Essex attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an armed fugitive who could be hiding out in the borough following an attempted murder in west Essex.
The incident took place on Tuesday (27) at 3.30pm on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, Essex, where two men sustained gunshot wounds to the legs and chest.
They are both recovering in hospital under police protection.
Officers say was the latest chapter in an ongoing neighbour fued that escalated outside a shop in Harold Wood, Romford, earlier that day.
Detectives have turned their attention to 27-year-old Francis O’Donoghue who was at the site at the time of the shooting and is thought to be hiding out with friends or relatives in Essex or London.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police’s supt Trevor Roe said: “We have taken several witness statements which all suggest that Francis O’Donoghue was at the site at the time of the shooting and so our focus is primarily now on finding him.
“We would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.”
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue, or know his whereabouts, call 999.