Police name man and woman found dead in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Police have named two people found dead just hours apart in Dagenham.
Esther Egbon, 30, was pronounced dead at the scene after emergency services were called to Whalebone Lane South at around 12.50pm on Saturday, August 8.
Around two hours later, officers were called to Gosfield Road where a man - 36-year-old Igie Erabor - was found unresponsive.
He, too, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers previously stated they were treating the deaths as linked.
You may also want to watch:
Both Esther and Igie are believed to have been known to each other, and their families are being supported by specialist officers.
Post mortem examinations have established cause of death for both as an incised wound to the neck.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
A Met Police spokesperson said the investigation continues but that no arrests have been made and at present, nobody else is being sought in connection with their deaths.