Police officer bitten while arresting two men in Dagenham with 135 wraps of heroin and cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been bitten while arresting two men in Dagenham for possession of what is believed to be 135 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine.
Officers made a routine traffic stop on a vehicle in Valence Avenue yesterday but the driver and two passengers tried to run.
One suspect was seen to throw something away, which was later found to be about 135 wraps of substances that appeared to be heroin and crack cocaine.
Two of the vehicle’s occupants were caught and arrested for possession of an illegal substance with intent to supply and taken to an east London police station.
One suspect bit an officer’s upper arm while resisting arrest. The police officer later visited a hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
The men were arrested as part of Operation Lockdown, a multi- borough operation targeting vehicle crime and the use of vehicles in the commission of crime across Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Havering and Waltham Forest.
One suspect escaped and enquiries continue.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post