Police officer serving Barking and Dagenham pleads guilty to downloading indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A police officer serving the borough is to be sentenced for downloading indecent images of children and extreme animal porn.
Pc Lucas Beach, of the East Area Command Unit which covers Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham, pleaded guilty to charges at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
Charges were brought following an investigation by Essex Police after raiding the officer’s home in Park Road, Wickford, in October last year.
Pc Beach admitted possessing prohibited images of children, indecent images of children and extreme animal pornography.
A Met spokeswoman said: “He remains suspended from duty pending sentencing on July 27.
You may also want to watch:
“Now that criminal proceedings are complete, a special case misconduct hearing will take place.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad