Police officer serving Barking and Dagenham pleads guilty to downloading indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A police officer serving the borough is to be sentenced for downloading indecent images of children and extreme animal porn.
Pc Lucas Beach, of the East Area Command Unit which covers Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham, pleaded guilty to charges at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
Charges were brought following an investigation by Essex Police after raiding the officer’s home in Park Road, Wickford, in October last year.
Pc Beach admitted possessing prohibited images of children, indecent images of children and extreme animal pornography.
A Met spokeswoman said: “He remains suspended from duty pending sentencing on July 27.
You may also want to watch:
“Now that criminal proceedings are complete, a special case misconduct hearing will take place.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street