Police officer serving Barking and Dagenham pleads guilty to downloading indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A police officer serving the borough is to be sentenced for downloading indecent images of children and extreme animal porn.
Pc Lucas Beach, of the East Area Command Unit which covers Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham, pleaded guilty to charges at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
Charges were brought following an investigation by Essex Police after raiding the officer’s home in Park Road, Wickford, in October last year.
Pc Beach admitted possessing prohibited images of children, indecent images of children and extreme animal pornography.
A Met spokeswoman said: “He remains suspended from duty pending sentencing on July 27.
You may also want to watch:
“Now that criminal proceedings are complete, a special case misconduct hearing will take place.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils