Two police officers attacked while responding to a call in Dagenham
- Credit: Google Street Images
Two police officers were assaulted in Rusholme Avenue, Dagenham after responding to a call just before 2pm yesterday to Blatchford House.
The police were responding to a call for help by a male at the property.
Police arrived on the scene and were subsequently refused entry by the male who called for help at his house.
The police were able to gain peaceful entry to the property however the male became aggressive towards the officers.
A spokesman for Barking and Dagenham police said: “One officer was pushed to the floor and the second was punched, head-butted and spat at to the face.
You may also want to watch:
“The officer was rushed to a central London hospital for urgent treatment and has since been released.”
The male remains in an East London police station.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup