Two police officers attacked while responding to a call in Dagenham
- Credit: Google Street Images
Two police officers were assaulted in Rusholme Avenue, Dagenham after responding to a call just before 2pm yesterday to Blatchford House.
The police were responding to a call for help by a male at the property.
Police arrived on the scene and were subsequently refused entry by the male who called for help at his house.
The police were able to gain peaceful entry to the property however the male became aggressive towards the officers.
A spokesman for Barking and Dagenham police said: “One officer was pushed to the floor and the second was punched, head-butted and spat at to the face.
You may also want to watch:
“The officer was rushed to a central London hospital for urgent treatment and has since been released.”
The male remains in an East London police station.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket