Two police officers attacked while responding to a call in Dagenham
- Credit: Google Street Images
Two police officers were assaulted in Rusholme Avenue, Dagenham after responding to a call just before 2pm yesterday to Blatchford House.
The police were responding to a call for help by a male at the property.
Police arrived on the scene and were subsequently refused entry by the male who called for help at his house.
The police were able to gain peaceful entry to the property however the male became aggressive towards the officers.
A spokesman for Barking and Dagenham police said: “One officer was pushed to the floor and the second was punched, head-butted and spat at to the face.
You may also want to watch:
“The officer was rushed to a central London hospital for urgent treatment and has since been released.”
The male remains in an East London police station.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?