Police pair injured in Dagenham car chase
- Credit: Archant
A pair of police officers ended up in hospital following a car chase through Dagenham on Wednesday.
An unmarked police car spotted a blue Ford Fiesta ST – suspected to be stolen with false licence plates – in Rainham at about 7pm and when it failed to stop, pursued it to the Lodge Avenue roundabout.
The 29-year-old male driver was arrested, but while trying to flee, hit one of the officers and crashed into the unmarked police car.
Two officers were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries and were discharged that evening.
Lloyd Morrison, from Newham, was charged with aggravated vehicle taking, actual bodily harm (ABH) on the officers, possession of a knife and document offences – no licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
He was kept in custody and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, July 6.
The Fiesta was later identified as a stolen vehicle from Essex.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
A Met Police spokesman said: “This was an excellent example of intelligence-led policing using modern technology with traditional policing techniques to arrest offenders and recover stolen property.”