Police probe blaze at Barking social club
Fire investigators are today probing a suspected arson attack at a derelict social club.
The Scrattons Farms club in Morrison Road, Barking, was gutted in the blaze last night.
Barking Fire Station said firemen were called to put out a rubbish fire at the club earlier this week.
The Met police have been called in and Dagenham firefighter Chris Everett suspects foul play.
He said: “It was disused and boarded up. People must have got in and torched it.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 20 firefighters from Barking and Dagenham and surrounding areas tackled the blaze between 10.20pm and 12.25am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The cause of the fire is under investigation by the brigade and the Metropolitan police.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate