Police probe blaze at Barking social club
Fire investigators are today probing a suspected arson attack at a derelict social club.
The Scrattons Farms club in Morrison Road, Barking, was gutted in the blaze last night.
Barking Fire Station said firemen were called to put out a rubbish fire at the club earlier this week.
The Met police have been called in and Dagenham firefighter Chris Everett suspects foul play.
He said: “It was disused and boarded up. People must have got in and torched it.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 20 firefighters from Barking and Dagenham and surrounding areas tackled the blaze between 10.20pm and 12.25am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The cause of the fire is under investigation by the brigade and the Metropolitan police.”
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows