Police probe blaze at Barking social club
Fire investigators are today probing a suspected arson attack at a derelict social club.
The Scrattons Farms club in Morrison Road, Barking, was gutted in the blaze last night.
Barking Fire Station said firemen were called to put out a rubbish fire at the club earlier this week.
The Met police have been called in and Dagenham firefighter Chris Everett suspects foul play.
He said: “It was disused and boarded up. People must have got in and torched it.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 20 firefighters from Barking and Dagenham and surrounding areas tackled the blaze between 10.20pm and 12.25am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The cause of the fire is under investigation by the brigade and the Metropolitan police.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer