Police probe gang shooting in Rush Green
A man and a woman are in hospital today after a suspected gang shooting in Rush Green.
The 21-year-old woman and the 22-year-old man are thought to have been injured in a car in Rush Green Road yesterday.
Detectives from the Met’s Trident gang crime command are probing the shooting.
A Met spokesman said: “An open mind is being kept as regards a motive.
“There have been no arrests and inquiries continue.”
You may also want to watch:
The man suffered a gun shot wound and the woman from unspecified minor injuries.
The incident happened at around 1.10am.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 020 8217 7365 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.