Police probe gang shooting in Rush Green
A man and a woman are in hospital today after a suspected gang shooting in Rush Green.
The 21-year-old woman and the 22-year-old man are thought to have been injured in a car in Rush Green Road yesterday.
Detectives from the Met’s Trident gang crime command are probing the shooting.
A Met spokesman said: “An open mind is being kept as regards a motive.
“There have been no arrests and inquiries continue.”
You may also want to watch:
The man suffered a gun shot wound and the woman from unspecified minor injuries.
The incident happened at around 1.10am.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 020 8217 7365 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.