Police probe into ‘suspected shooting’ at Dagenham pub
- Credit: Basit Mahmood
Police are investigating a suspected shooting claimed to have taken place at a Dagenham pub.
Officers were told a shooting took place at the Pipe Major public house in Yewtree Avenue, near Dagenham East tube station, yesterday evening.
But police were not called to any such incident and “have not located any injured party”, a spokesman said.
A crime scene has been set up while officers investigate.
The venue remains open with eyewitness reports suggesting red police tape has been put up around the beer garden area.
You may also want to watch:
“I am 99 per cent certain that nothing had gone down at the premises yesterday,” said the pub’s assistant manager, Jordan Jiggins.
Declining to comment on the nature of the alleged incident while investigations were ongoing, he said CCTV records and a conversation with a man living at the site found no evidence of a crime.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
No arrests have been made.