Police probe into ‘suspected shooting’ at Dagenham pub
- Credit: Basit Mahmood
Police are investigating a suspected shooting claimed to have taken place at a Dagenham pub.
Officers were told a shooting took place at the Pipe Major public house in Yewtree Avenue, near Dagenham East tube station, yesterday evening.
But police were not called to any such incident and “have not located any injured party”, a spokesman said.
A crime scene has been set up while officers investigate.
The venue remains open with eyewitness reports suggesting red police tape has been put up around the beer garden area.
You may also want to watch:
“I am 99 per cent certain that nothing had gone down at the premises yesterday,” said the pub’s assistant manager, Jordan Jiggins.
Declining to comment on the nature of the alleged incident while investigations were ongoing, he said CCTV records and a conversation with a man living at the site found no evidence of a crime.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
No arrests have been made.