Police probe into ‘suspected shooting’ at Dagenham pub
- Credit: Basit Mahmood
Police are investigating a suspected shooting claimed to have taken place at a Dagenham pub.
Officers were told a shooting took place at the Pipe Major public house in Yewtree Avenue, near Dagenham East tube station, yesterday evening.
But police were not called to any such incident and “have not located any injured party”, a spokesman said.
A crime scene has been set up while officers investigate.
The venue remains open with eyewitness reports suggesting red police tape has been put up around the beer garden area.
You may also want to watch:
“I am 99 per cent certain that nothing had gone down at the premises yesterday,” said the pub’s assistant manager, Jordan Jiggins.
Declining to comment on the nature of the alleged incident while investigations were ongoing, he said CCTV records and a conversation with a man living at the site found no evidence of a crime.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
No arrests have been made.