Police recover illegal medicines in Dagenham
A drugs clampdown was hailed a major success after police recovered cannabis and hundreds of illegal medicines in Dagenham.
Among the items seized were 169 packages of non-prescribed medicines and also cash in yesterday’s coordinated raids, part of the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Hawk.
Two arrests were made in Dagenham after drugs warrants were executed at several premises including a property in Trefgarne Road.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “This is a renewed emphasis on local policing teams tackling street level drug-dealing and associated crime using local community intelligence and a wide range of tactics and assorted activities.
“Drug dealing damages communities - It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Across London up to 2,000 officers took part in the operation, which featured more than 800 targeted activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
Information to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate