Police recover illegal medicines in Dagenham
A drugs clampdown was hailed a major success after police recovered cannabis and hundreds of illegal medicines in Dagenham.
Among the items seized were 169 packages of non-prescribed medicines and also cash in yesterday’s coordinated raids, part of the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Hawk.
Two arrests were made in Dagenham after drugs warrants were executed at several premises including a property in Trefgarne Road.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “This is a renewed emphasis on local policing teams tackling street level drug-dealing and associated crime using local community intelligence and a wide range of tactics and assorted activities.
“Drug dealing damages communities - It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Across London up to 2,000 officers took part in the operation, which featured more than 800 targeted activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
Information to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home