Police recover illegal medicines in Dagenham
A drugs clampdown was hailed a major success after police recovered cannabis and hundreds of illegal medicines in Dagenham.
Among the items seized were 169 packages of non-prescribed medicines and also cash in yesterday’s coordinated raids, part of the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Hawk.
Two arrests were made in Dagenham after drugs warrants were executed at several premises including a property in Trefgarne Road.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “This is a renewed emphasis on local policing teams tackling street level drug-dealing and associated crime using local community intelligence and a wide range of tactics and assorted activities.
“Drug dealing damages communities - It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Across London up to 2,000 officers took part in the operation, which featured more than 800 targeted activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
Information to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows