Police recover illegal medicines in Dagenham
A drugs clampdown was hailed a major success after police recovered cannabis and hundreds of illegal medicines in Dagenham.
Among the items seized were 169 packages of non-prescribed medicines and also cash in yesterday’s coordinated raids, part of the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Hawk.
Two arrests were made in Dagenham after drugs warrants were executed at several premises including a property in Trefgarne Road.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “This is a renewed emphasis on local policing teams tackling street level drug-dealing and associated crime using local community intelligence and a wide range of tactics and assorted activities.
“Drug dealing damages communities - It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Across London up to 2,000 officers took part in the operation, which featured more than 800 targeted activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
Information to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham