CCTV image released after punter with winning slip slashed at Barking betting shop
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image has been released after a customer was slashed in a betting shop fight over a winning ticket.
The suspect grabbed a knife from a kitchen area at the bookies then slashed the punter after he failed to snatch the winning slip from out of his hand at the shop in East Street, Barking.
The suspected attacker – who according to police is known as ‘Mo’ – fled with a second man.
When officers arrived at 3.15am on July 27, 2017 they found the 22-year-old victim with a small cut to his head.
A Met spokeswoman said: “We have carried out lengthy enquiries. Detectives would like to hear from anyone who recognises the man captured on CCTV.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that there have been no arrests so far and police enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call officers at the East Area Command unit on 101 quoting 832/27Jul17
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL