Appeal after shop and CCTV cameras damaged at Barking station
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating reports of an assault and criminal damage at Barking station have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to.
The incident happened between 9.40am and 10.20am on Thursday, February 6.
A man entered a phone shop at Barking station. He is then reported to have ripped CCTV cameras from the ceiling, tackled staff and smashed the shop's front window.
The incident caused more than £1,000 worth of damage.
Officers wish to speak with the man in the CCTV image as it's believed he may have information that could help the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises this man is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 405 040, quoting reference number 157 of 06/02/20.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback