Police release image of Chadwell Heath murder victim Lyndon Davis and renew appeal for information
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released an image of 18-year-old Lyndon Davis as they renew their appeal for witnesses and information about his murder.
Officers have returned to the scene one-week on from his murder and will be speaking to members of the local community as the investigation continues.
Police were called at approximately 10:30pm on Wednesday, March 14 to reports of an assault on Padnall Road.
The attending officers found Mr Davis suffering from a stab injury in Nash Road. He was taken to hospital where he died at 1:16am.
A post-mortem examination was help on Friday, March 16 and the cause of death was given as stab injuries.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed and a formal identification has taken place.
DCI Tony Lynes from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area of Nash Road and Padnall Road at about 10:30pm on the night of the murder and who may have witnessed the victim being chased by a group of at least seven people.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
“I would also ask people who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around that time.
“If you have any information that could assist this investigation then please contact police - a young man has been tragically killed and we need to get justice for his family.”
A 34-year-old man was arrested in the early stages of the investigation on suspicion of murder and he has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in mid-April.
There is a public meeting tonight to discuss the recent spate of violence and to address residents concerns about public safety. The meeting is at Marks Gate Community Centre in Rose Lane, Dagenham.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. You can also tweet police via @MetCC.