Police release image of Chadwell Heath murder victim Lyndon Davis and renew appeal for information
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released an image of 18-year-old Lyndon Davis as they renew their appeal for witnesses and information about his murder.
Officers have returned to the scene one-week on from his murder and will be speaking to members of the local community as the investigation continues.
Police were called at approximately 10:30pm on Wednesday, March 14 to reports of an assault on Padnall Road.
The attending officers found Mr Davis suffering from a stab injury in Nash Road. He was taken to hospital where he died at 1:16am.
A post-mortem examination was help on Friday, March 16 and the cause of death was given as stab injuries.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed and a formal identification has taken place.
DCI Tony Lynes from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area of Nash Road and Padnall Road at about 10:30pm on the night of the murder and who may have witnessed the victim being chased by a group of at least seven people.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 10 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
“I would also ask people who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around that time.
“If you have any information that could assist this investigation then please contact police - a young man has been tragically killed and we need to get justice for his family.”
A 34-year-old man was arrested in the early stages of the investigation on suspicion of murder and he has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in mid-April.
There is a public meeting tonight to discuss the recent spate of violence and to address residents concerns about public safety. The meeting is at Marks Gate Community Centre in Rose Lane, Dagenham.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. You can also tweet police via @MetCC.