Police will host public meeting in Barking following Hasan Ozcan murder
- Credit: Facebook
Police and the council have scheduled a public meeting to discuss safety concerns in the wake of the murder of 19-year-old Hasan Ozcan on the Gascoigne Estate on Saturday.
A message sent to residents on the estate said there will be a public meeting to update residents on the police investigation.
Residents will also be able to raise any safety concerns they have.
Mr Ozcan was fatally stabbed just off Abbey Road and a 19-year-old was shot in the neck on the estate last night.
A senior police officer, councillors and council officers will be at the meeting to answer questions. Speaking to the Post at the crime scene, residents have raised concerns about lighting and the number of police patrols.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place in the Gascoigne Community Hall on Thursday, February 8 from 7pm to 8pm.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate