Police will host public meeting in Barking following Hasan Ozcan murder
- Credit: Facebook
Police and the council have scheduled a public meeting to discuss safety concerns in the wake of the murder of 19-year-old Hasan Ozcan on the Gascoigne Estate on Saturday.
A message sent to residents on the estate said there will be a public meeting to update residents on the police investigation.
Residents will also be able to raise any safety concerns they have.
Mr Ozcan was fatally stabbed just off Abbey Road and a 19-year-old was shot in the neck on the estate last night.
A senior police officer, councillors and council officers will be at the meeting to answer questions. Speaking to the Post at the crime scene, residents have raised concerns about lighting and the number of police patrols.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place in the Gascoigne Community Hall on Thursday, February 8 from 7pm to 8pm.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall