Police seize more motorbikes in Dagenham park clampdown
PARKS police have seized two motorbikes being ridden illegally in Beam Valley Park.
The bikes were seized at the weekend under Operation Reclaim.
In recent weeks youths have illegally ridden scramble bikes in Central Park and Beam Valley Park, and an off-road buggy has also been spotted.
Barking and Dagenham Council are determined to clamp down on bikers who ride bikes illegally off-road.
Cabinet Member for Crime, Justice and Communities, Cllr Jean Alexander said: “This is a growing problem and one that ourselves and the Police are determined to stamp out.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month police seized a bike in Beam Valley which was being ridden without insurance.
Sergeant James Browning of Barking and Dagenham Safer Parks Team said: “We will continue to ensure that use of borough parks is not spoiled by anti-social and unsafe riding of power bikes and vehicles.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 10 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham