Police seize more motorbikes in Dagenham park clampdown
PARKS police have seized two motorbikes being ridden illegally in Beam Valley Park.
The bikes were seized at the weekend under Operation Reclaim.
In recent weeks youths have illegally ridden scramble bikes in Central Park and Beam Valley Park, and an off-road buggy has also been spotted.
Barking and Dagenham Council are determined to clamp down on bikers who ride bikes illegally off-road.
Cabinet Member for Crime, Justice and Communities, Cllr Jean Alexander said: “This is a growing problem and one that ourselves and the Police are determined to stamp out.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month police seized a bike in Beam Valley which was being ridden without insurance.
Sergeant James Browning of Barking and Dagenham Safer Parks Team said: “We will continue to ensure that use of borough parks is not spoiled by anti-social and unsafe riding of power bikes and vehicles.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds