Police seize more motorbikes in Dagenham park clampdown
PARKS police have seized two motorbikes being ridden illegally in Beam Valley Park.
The bikes were seized at the weekend under Operation Reclaim.
In recent weeks youths have illegally ridden scramble bikes in Central Park and Beam Valley Park, and an off-road buggy has also been spotted.
Barking and Dagenham Council are determined to clamp down on bikers who ride bikes illegally off-road.
Cabinet Member for Crime, Justice and Communities, Cllr Jean Alexander said: “This is a growing problem and one that ourselves and the Police are determined to stamp out.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month police seized a bike in Beam Valley which was being ridden without insurance.
Sergeant James Browning of Barking and Dagenham Safer Parks Team said: “We will continue to ensure that use of borough parks is not spoiled by anti-social and unsafe riding of power bikes and vehicles.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.