Police seize more motorbikes in Dagenham park clampdown
PARKS police have seized two motorbikes being ridden illegally in Beam Valley Park.
The bikes were seized at the weekend under Operation Reclaim.
In recent weeks youths have illegally ridden scramble bikes in Central Park and Beam Valley Park, and an off-road buggy has also been spotted.
Barking and Dagenham Council are determined to clamp down on bikers who ride bikes illegally off-road.
Cabinet Member for Crime, Justice and Communities, Cllr Jean Alexander said: “This is a growing problem and one that ourselves and the Police are determined to stamp out.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month police seized a bike in Beam Valley which was being ridden without insurance.
Sergeant James Browning of Barking and Dagenham Safer Parks Team said: “We will continue to ensure that use of borough parks is not spoiled by anti-social and unsafe riding of power bikes and vehicles.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer