Police tackle anti-social behaviour in Barking and Dagenham
Safer neighbourhood teams (SNTs) will target the boroughs top five anti social behaviour offenders, ranging from drug dealers to persistent street drinkers and nuisance neighbours.
This will be done over the next three months through executing warrants and applying for ASBOs and Acceptable Behaviour Contracts.
In addition, 300 SNT officers will be specifically tasked to patrol anti-social behaviour borough hot spots at key times to deter and tackle the problem.
Police will also work with partners to improve the look of the area, such as removing abandoned cars, graffiti, and drug paraphernalia
Throughout, officers and partners will be working closely with victims, providing home visits and working with them to develop appropriate solutions, keeping them updated about their case.
You may also want to watch:
To report anti-social behaviour in your area visit the Met’s website at www.met.police.uk, where you can also find details of your local SNT.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds