Police warn Barking and Dagenham residents over dangers of drinking
POLICE are warning residents to be extra careful while drinking alcohol to avoid being targeted by street robbers.
Officers report an increasing number of people are drinking beyond safe limits and neglecting their personal safety and that of their property.
Simple things like remembering to lock the doors at home and keeping an eye on your personal belongings are often forgotten.
In some cases, victims have drunk so much that they are not able to provide the police with much information because they do not have an accurate recollection of events.
This makes it harder for the police to investigate crimes and bring about prosecutions.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Phil Howarth said: “Drinking alcohol while socialising can make people vulnerable. Please do enjoy yourself, but at the same time make sure you look after yourself. Simple steps such as organising a licensed taxi home before you start drinking or being aware of how many drinks you have had can minimise your risk of becoming a victim of crime.”
For more information on personal safety visit www.met.police.uk/crimeprevention/personal or contact your Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'