Policeman accused of raping schoolgirl in Dagenham
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A policeman accused of raping a schoolgirl admitted having consensual sex with the claimant on one occasion, a court heard.
Pc John Wigglesworth, 46, is accused of three counts of rape and two counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child,
It is alleged that Mr Wigglesworth met the claimant over social networking website Netlog in 2007 – when the girl was 14 – and that he would pick her up after school at least once a week over a two-year period, take her to his then home in Dagenham and rape the teenager.
The claimant – now 22-years-old – appeared via video link at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday to give evidence and confirmed details given in a filmed police interview in 2013 when the incidents were reported.
“I told him it was hurting me and I told him no. He said ‘it’s so wrong but it feels so right’,” said the claimant, after questioning by Sally Fudge, prosecuting.
You may also want to watch:
“He said no one would believe me because he was a police officer.”
Answering why she had kept going back, the claimant said: “I was scared of him, he knew where I lived and I didn’t know what to do.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
During the cross-examination Lisa Williamson, defending, asked if it had happened about 100 times at the same house, to which the claimant replied “yes”.
Ms Williamson questioned why the claimant thought there was an upstairs bathroom, when the only bathroom in the house was downstairs.
“I thought I saw one,” replied the claimant.
The court heard how the claimant thought Mr Wigglesworth lived in Halbutt Street, Dagenham, when he was living in Lynnett Road, Dagenham, at the time – about two miles away.
“If you did go to his house on over 100 occasions you would know,” said Ms Williamson.
The claimant replied: “It all looked the same, I didn’t know, I just tried to find it but it was so long ago.”
Ms Williamson claimed that the woman searched for Mr Wigglesworth on a motorbike forum after she reported the matter to police.
“It’s possible but I don’t remember,” she said.
The claimant denied the pair “just kissed and cuddled” on their first meeting.
“It’s accepted by the defendant that on one occasion that he entered your vagina with his penis and that was the second occasion,” said Ms Williamson.
The claimant said that this was not true.
Also giving evidence was a friend of the claimant.
She told jurors how the claimant, when she was about 18, had told her she had been raped by an older man when she was 14.
The alleged incidents took place between 2007 and 2009, when the claimant was 14 and 15 years old.
The incidents were reported to police in 2013 and Mr Wigglesworth, now living in The Ridgeway, Harold Wood, was arrested in connection in August last year.
Mr Wigglesworth denies all charges.
The trial continues.