Raging boyfriend injures staff in Dagenham supermarket bust-up
- Credit: Archant
A boyfriend flew into a rage, punching staff at a local supermarket store, after believing they had verbally abused his partner.
Joe Brandscombe, 23, left a member of staff at Tesco Express, Shafter Road, Dagenham, with a large cut to the lip after repeatedly punching him in the face.
The defendant, of Tredegar Road, Bow, was spared jail at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday in order to pay compensation to the victim, said District Judge Gary Lucie.
He sentenced Brandscombe to a sixth month community order with curfew and ordered him to pay £150 in compensation.
Brandscombe, who was convicted after trial, was said to have acted after believing management staff had been abusive towards his girlfriend when she went to the store to collect items she had ordered online, said Prosecutor Andria Scantelbury
You may also want to watch:
He went into the stock room at the store and began pushing and punching the victim, she added, before being restrained by three members of staff who also called police.
DJ Lucie also ordered Brandscombe to pay a £60 victim surcharge and £190 prosecution costs
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears