Raging boyfriend injures staff in Dagenham supermarket bust-up
- Credit: Archant
A boyfriend flew into a rage, punching staff at a local supermarket store, after believing they had verbally abused his partner.
Joe Brandscombe, 23, left a member of staff at Tesco Express, Shafter Road, Dagenham, with a large cut to the lip after repeatedly punching him in the face.
The defendant, of Tredegar Road, Bow, was spared jail at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday in order to pay compensation to the victim, said District Judge Gary Lucie.
He sentenced Brandscombe to a sixth month community order with curfew and ordered him to pay £150 in compensation.
Brandscombe, who was convicted after trial, was said to have acted after believing management staff had been abusive towards his girlfriend when she went to the store to collect items she had ordered online, said Prosecutor Andria Scantelbury
You may also want to watch:
He went into the stock room at the store and began pushing and punching the victim, she added, before being restrained by three members of staff who also called police.
DJ Lucie also ordered Brandscombe to pay a £60 victim surcharge and £190 prosecution costs
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 5 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules