Raging boyfriend injures staff in Dagenham supermarket bust-up
- Credit: Archant
A boyfriend flew into a rage, punching staff at a local supermarket store, after believing they had verbally abused his partner.
Joe Brandscombe, 23, left a member of staff at Tesco Express, Shafter Road, Dagenham, with a large cut to the lip after repeatedly punching him in the face.
The defendant, of Tredegar Road, Bow, was spared jail at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday in order to pay compensation to the victim, said District Judge Gary Lucie.
He sentenced Brandscombe to a sixth month community order with curfew and ordered him to pay £150 in compensation.
Brandscombe, who was convicted after trial, was said to have acted after believing management staff had been abusive towards his girlfriend when she went to the store to collect items she had ordered online, said Prosecutor Andria Scantelbury
You may also want to watch:
He went into the stock room at the store and began pushing and punching the victim, she added, before being restrained by three members of staff who also called police.
DJ Lucie also ordered Brandscombe to pay a £60 victim surcharge and £190 prosecution costs
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs