Report missed rubbish collections over the weekend in Barking and Dagenham
Missed rubbish collections can now be reported over the weekend.
A newly automated system means residents can call up and report missed collections on Saturday and Sunday rather than having to wait until Monday to log their complaint.
The council claims bins will be cleared “as soon as possible” once a missed collection has been reported, normally returning within 24 hours.
Cllr Bert Collins, cabinet member for environment, said: “Very few collections are missed, but occasionally people do need to ring up to tell us their bin hasn’t been collected.
“It didn’t seem right that people with Friday collections had to wait longer to report missed collections.”
You may also want to watch:
The council advised residents leave their bins at the boundary of their property, but not on the pavement, with no side waste next to them by 6.30am on the day of collection to avoid them being missed.
Call 0208 215 3000 to report a missed collection. Visit lbbd.gov.uk to check collection days.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital