Report missed rubbish collections over the weekend in Barking and Dagenham
Missed rubbish collections can now be reported over the weekend.
A newly automated system means residents can call up and report missed collections on Saturday and Sunday rather than having to wait until Monday to log their complaint.
The council claims bins will be cleared “as soon as possible” once a missed collection has been reported, normally returning within 24 hours.
Cllr Bert Collins, cabinet member for environment, said: “Very few collections are missed, but occasionally people do need to ring up to tell us their bin hasn’t been collected.
“It didn’t seem right that people with Friday collections had to wait longer to report missed collections.”
You may also want to watch:
The council advised residents leave their bins at the boundary of their property, but not on the pavement, with no side waste next to them by 6.30am on the day of collection to avoid them being missed.
Call 0208 215 3000 to report a missed collection. Visit lbbd.gov.uk to check collection days.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer