Report missed rubbish collections over the weekend in Barking and Dagenham
Missed rubbish collections can now be reported over the weekend.
A newly automated system means residents can call up and report missed collections on Saturday and Sunday rather than having to wait until Monday to log their complaint.
The council claims bins will be cleared “as soon as possible” once a missed collection has been reported, normally returning within 24 hours.
Cllr Bert Collins, cabinet member for environment, said: “Very few collections are missed, but occasionally people do need to ring up to tell us their bin hasn’t been collected.
“It didn’t seem right that people with Friday collections had to wait longer to report missed collections.”
You may also want to watch:
The council advised residents leave their bins at the boundary of their property, but not on the pavement, with no side waste next to them by 6.30am on the day of collection to avoid them being missed.
Call 0208 215 3000 to report a missed collection. Visit lbbd.gov.uk to check collection days.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds