Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Nearly 60 crimes were reported in Barking and Dagenham on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 1,772 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show violent and sexual offences accounted for a quarter (26.2 per cent) of crimes, with 465 reported over the period.
Anti-social behaviour was the second-most frequent type of criminal activity (303 incidents), followed by vehicle crime (233) and burglary (179).
Officers were alerted to 11 occurrences related to weapons possession, according to the data.
Analysis by the Post reveals Ripple Road in Barking and Dagenham’s Heathway to be the most crime-ridden streets in the borough.
Here, 19 crimes took place on each location over the month.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 7 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.