Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Nearly 60 crimes were reported in Barking and Dagenham on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 1,772 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show violent and sexual offences accounted for a quarter (26.2 per cent) of crimes, with 465 reported over the period.
Anti-social behaviour was the second-most frequent type of criminal activity (303 incidents), followed by vehicle crime (233) and burglary (179).
Officers were alerted to 11 occurrences related to weapons possession, according to the data.
You may also want to watch:
Analysis by the Post reveals Ripple Road in Barking and Dagenham’s Heathway to be the most crime-ridden streets in the borough.
Here, 19 crimes took place on each location over the month.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.