Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Nearly 60 crimes were reported in Barking and Dagenham on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 1,772 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show violent and sexual offences accounted for a quarter (26.2 per cent) of crimes, with 465 reported over the period.
Anti-social behaviour was the second-most frequent type of criminal activity (303 incidents), followed by vehicle crime (233) and burglary (179).
Officers were alerted to 11 occurrences related to weapons possession, according to the data.
Analysis by the Post reveals Ripple Road in Barking and Dagenham’s Heathway to be the most crime-ridden streets in the borough.
Here, 19 crimes took place on each location over the month.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 8 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.