Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Nearly 60 crimes were reported in Barking and Dagenham on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 1,772 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show violent and sexual offences accounted for a quarter (26.2 per cent) of crimes, with 465 reported over the period.
Anti-social behaviour was the second-most frequent type of criminal activity (303 incidents), followed by vehicle crime (233) and burglary (179).
Officers were alerted to 11 occurrences related to weapons possession, according to the data.
You may also want to watch:
Analysis by the Post reveals Ripple Road in Barking and Dagenham’s Heathway to be the most crime-ridden streets in the borough.
Here, 19 crimes took place on each location over the month.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.