Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
Nearly 60 crimes were reported in Barking and Dagenham on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 1,772 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show violent and sexual offences accounted for a quarter (26.2 per cent) of crimes, with 465 reported over the period.
Anti-social behaviour was the second-most frequent type of criminal activity (303 incidents), followed by vehicle crime (233) and burglary (179).
Officers were alerted to 11 occurrences related to weapons possession, according to the data.
You may also want to watch:
Analysis by the Post reveals Ripple Road in Barking and Dagenham’s Heathway to be the most crime-ridden streets in the borough.
Here, 19 crimes took place on each location over the month.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.