Roads closed around Heathway Dagenham following assault on man
- Credit: Archant
Police closed roads around the Heathway following an assault that left a man with head injuries.
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident in Downing Road, Dagenham, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance as a priority but is not thought to have suffered life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
Local road closures put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident caused disruption to motorists and buses along Heathway and Church Elm Lane.
They remained closed for close to 12 hours, only reopening again at about 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Do you know the injured man? Contact Freddy via email at email@example.com or call 0208 477 3816.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham