Roads closed around Heathway Dagenham following assault on man
- Credit: Archant
Police closed roads around the Heathway following an assault that left a man with head injuries.
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident in Downing Road, Dagenham, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance as a priority but is not thought to have suffered life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
Local road closures put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident caused disruption to motorists and buses along Heathway and Church Elm Lane.
They remained closed for close to 12 hours, only reopening again at about 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Do you know the injured man? Contact Freddy via email at email@example.com or call 0208 477 3816.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home