Roads closed around Heathway Dagenham following assault on man
- Credit: Archant
Police closed roads around the Heathway following an assault that left a man with head injuries.
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident in Downing Road, Dagenham, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance as a priority but is not thought to have suffered life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
Local road closures put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident caused disruption to motorists and buses along Heathway and Church Elm Lane.
They remained closed for close to 12 hours, only reopening again at about 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Do you know the injured man? Contact Freddy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 477 3816.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer