Rush Green pensioner, 80, robbed on her own doorstep
- Credit: Google Maps
A pensioner was robbed on her doorstep by three men last week leaving her “shaken and upset”.
Police were called to Fourth Avenue, Rush Green, at 1.45am on Tuesday after an 80-year-old woman was pushed to the ground, injuring her knee, outside her home as she walked from her car.
Three hooded suspects who were all dressed in black, one also wore black and white trainers, took her handbag and her jewellery.
Det Con John Sinclair of Barking and Dagenham CID said: “This was a particularly cowardly crime where a pack of thieves targeted a vulnerable, elderly woman alone.
“This lady now faces the unenviable task of dealing with the effects of becoming a victim of crime.
“It is very important that we identify and apprehend these suspects. Someone knows who they are. If that someone is you, please don’t hesitate.”
The victim was taken to hospital for a check up as a precaution.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw a group of three persons in either Fourth Avenue or the surrounding area in the early hours of Tuesday May 26.
Mr Sinclair of Barking and Dagenham CID can be reached on 101. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.