Rush Green pensioner, 80, robbed on her own doorstep
- Credit: Google Maps
A pensioner was robbed on her doorstep by three men last week leaving her “shaken and upset”.
Police were called to Fourth Avenue, Rush Green, at 1.45am on Tuesday after an 80-year-old woman was pushed to the ground, injuring her knee, outside her home as she walked from her car.
Three hooded suspects who were all dressed in black, one also wore black and white trainers, took her handbag and her jewellery.
Det Con John Sinclair of Barking and Dagenham CID said: “This was a particularly cowardly crime where a pack of thieves targeted a vulnerable, elderly woman alone.
“This lady now faces the unenviable task of dealing with the effects of becoming a victim of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very important that we identify and apprehend these suspects. Someone knows who they are. If that someone is you, please don’t hesitate.”
The victim was taken to hospital for a check up as a precaution.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw a group of three persons in either Fourth Avenue or the surrounding area in the early hours of Tuesday May 26.
Mr Sinclair of Barking and Dagenham CID can be reached on 101. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.