‘Bleach attack’ at Barking station causes rush hour ‘carnage’
- Credit: Archant
Eyewitnesses reported “carnage” at Barking station this morning as a fight broke out and a man had a corrosive substance thrown at him.
The altercation took place between two men on a platform during rush hour, and police were called to the station at 8.24am.
The victim is being treated by London Ambulance Service, and police believe he knew his attacker.
Eyewitnesses described the “corrosive substance” as “bleach” or “ammonia”, although police have not yet confirmed what the substance was.
The incident meant that the packed 07:35 c2c service from Pitsea to London Fenchurch Street had to be terminated at Barking.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police ask anyone with any information to please call 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, or speak to officers who are in the area.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL