‘Bleach attack’ at Barking station causes rush hour ‘carnage’
- Credit: Archant
Eyewitnesses reported “carnage” at Barking station this morning as a fight broke out and a man had a corrosive substance thrown at him.
The altercation took place between two men on a platform during rush hour, and police were called to the station at 8.24am.
The victim is being treated by London Ambulance Service, and police believe he knew his attacker.
Eyewitnesses described the “corrosive substance” as “bleach” or “ammonia”, although police have not yet confirmed what the substance was.
The incident meant that the packed 07:35 c2c service from Pitsea to London Fenchurch Street had to be terminated at Barking.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police ask anyone with any information to please call 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, or speak to officers who are in the area.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs