Dagenham scene of Qingqing Rao’s vicious stabbing closed off in hunt for evidence
- Credit: Archant
The scene of a savage stabbing in Castle Green has been closed off by police as new evidence comes to light.
Qingqing Rao was stabbed repeatedly as she walked home through Castle Green on Monday last week.
Police say that they are keeping an open mind as to motive, “but indications are Qingqing was brutally attacked by a stranger”.
The 29-year-old was found in Krithia Road with serious head injuries and other wounds, and remains in hospital on life support.
Now police have closed off part of Castle Green “due to the discovery of evidence by search teams”, although the Metropolitan Police have not released details as to what this evidence might be.
You may also want to watch:
No-one has been arrested for the sickening attack on Ms Rao, who was heading home from her work in the City as a business analyst at the time of the attack, but police ar enow patrolling the area daily in hi-vis jackets to offer the community reassurance.
Anyone with any information about the attack can call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post