Dagenham scene of Qingqing Rao’s vicious stabbing closed off in hunt for evidence
- Credit: Archant
The scene of a savage stabbing in Castle Green has been closed off by police as new evidence comes to light.
Qingqing Rao was stabbed repeatedly as she walked home through Castle Green on Monday last week.
Police say that they are keeping an open mind as to motive, “but indications are Qingqing was brutally attacked by a stranger”.
The 29-year-old was found in Krithia Road with serious head injuries and other wounds, and remains in hospital on life support.
Now police have closed off part of Castle Green “due to the discovery of evidence by search teams”, although the Metropolitan Police have not released details as to what this evidence might be.
You may also want to watch:
No-one has been arrested for the sickening attack on Ms Rao, who was heading home from her work in the City as a business analyst at the time of the attack, but police ar enow patrolling the area daily in hi-vis jackets to offer the community reassurance.
Anyone with any information about the attack can call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted