Second fly-tipper caught red-handed on CCTV in Barking fined
A fly-tipper who dumped bed bases in the street has been given a fine and a criminal record.
Mohsen Saber, 48, of Suffolk Road, Dagenham, was caught dumping the rubbish in Hertford Road, Barking, on CCTV belonging to the nearby Big Yellow Self Storage facility.
It is the second time a prosecution has been made from footage captured by the company.
Saber pleaded guilty to the charge of illegal depositing of waste at Romford Magistrates Court on November 22. He was fined £100 and ordered to pay £458 in court costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
Camera footage showed him unloading the bases from a van and leaving them at the side of the road on August 4.
A council spokesman said Saber claimed in court that he didn’t know where the tip was and thought Hertford Road was a rubbish collection point.
Cllr Jeanne Alexander, cabinet member for crime, justice and communities thanked the Barking branch of the Big Yellow Self Storage Company.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
She added: “Fly-tipping is on the decrease in Barking and Dagenham but that doesn’t mean we are going to let up in our efforts to prosecute those responsible.”
The fly-tipping took place only half a mile from the Jenkins Lane recycling centre.