Second fly-tipper caught red-handed on CCTV in Barking fined
A fly-tipper who dumped bed bases in the street has been given a fine and a criminal record.
Mohsen Saber, 48, of Suffolk Road, Dagenham, was caught dumping the rubbish in Hertford Road, Barking, on CCTV belonging to the nearby Big Yellow Self Storage facility.
It is the second time a prosecution has been made from footage captured by the company.
Saber pleaded guilty to the charge of illegal depositing of waste at Romford Magistrates Court on November 22. He was fined £100 and ordered to pay £458 in court costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
Camera footage showed him unloading the bases from a van and leaving them at the side of the road on August 4.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said Saber claimed in court that he didn’t know where the tip was and thought Hertford Road was a rubbish collection point.
Cllr Jeanne Alexander, cabinet member for crime, justice and communities thanked the Barking branch of the Big Yellow Self Storage Company.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Barking and Dagenham Council backs campaign against 'cladding scandal'
She added: “Fly-tipping is on the decrease in Barking and Dagenham but that doesn’t mean we are going to let up in our efforts to prosecute those responsible.”
The fly-tipping took place only half a mile from the Jenkins Lane recycling centre.