Second fly-tipper caught red-handed on CCTV in Barking fined
A fly-tipper who dumped bed bases in the street has been given a fine and a criminal record.
Mohsen Saber, 48, of Suffolk Road, Dagenham, was caught dumping the rubbish in Hertford Road, Barking, on CCTV belonging to the nearby Big Yellow Self Storage facility.
It is the second time a prosecution has been made from footage captured by the company.
Saber pleaded guilty to the charge of illegal depositing of waste at Romford Magistrates Court on November 22. He was fined £100 and ordered to pay £458 in court costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
Camera footage showed him unloading the bases from a van and leaving them at the side of the road on August 4.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said Saber claimed in court that he didn’t know where the tip was and thought Hertford Road was a rubbish collection point.
Cllr Jeanne Alexander, cabinet member for crime, justice and communities thanked the Barking branch of the Big Yellow Self Storage Company.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
She added: “Fly-tipping is on the decrease in Barking and Dagenham but that doesn’t mean we are going to let up in our efforts to prosecute those responsible.”
The fly-tipping took place only half a mile from the Jenkins Lane recycling centre.