Weapons and drugs seized after alleged group fight in Marks Gate
- Credit: Met Police
Weapons and drugs were seized and a group of youths arrested after an alleged fight in Marks Gate.
Police were called to reports of people fighting with weapons in Uplands Road about 8.15pm on Saturday, July 10.
A group ran off as police arrived. Three youths were arrested following the alleged incident, with police recovering items including machetes, cannabis, balaclavas and a bottle of a substance believed to be acid.
Another three youths were arrested following later enquiries.
All of the people arrested were males aged between 16 and 20.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Josh Ranghel of the Met’s East Area basic command unit said: “The police officers responding to this incident were mindful of the reports of weapons being used and were determined to act to take those weapons off our streets."
He said bringing violence onto the streets of east London "will not be tolerated, and my colleagues and I are doing all that we can to stop this offending and reduce the unacceptable level of violence".
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years