Sixth man charged with Dagenham murder of Ashley Latty
- Credit: Archant
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of 25-year-old Ashley Latty in Dagenham, and will appear in court today.
Jerome Joseph, 27, of Manor Park Road, Manor Park, was charged by police last night, and is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Aimee Penfold, 24, from Croydon was charged with assisting an offender and will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday, October 6.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday, May 18, to reports of a stabbing outside a private party at The Beaver Centre, in Selinas Lane.
Ashley, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died that same morning from his injuries.
A post-mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.
Kestrel Daniel Dyer, 25, from Barking, Daniel Agyeman, 24, of Thornton Heath, Nicholas Terralonge, 28, of Leytonstone and Nana Oppong, 34 of no fixed abode are also charged with the murder.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 6 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 7 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 8 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 10 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
All four appeared at the Old Bailey on August 20, for a plea and case management hearing and remain in custody until their return to court on Monday, February 23 2015.
Three further men, aged 22, 26 and 28, were also arrested and bailed to return at dates later this month. Officers say “no further action” will be taken against four other men, arrested in connection with the murder earlier in the year.