Sixth man charged with Dagenham murder of Ashley Latty
- Credit: Archant
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of 25-year-old Ashley Latty in Dagenham, and will appear in court today.
Jerome Joseph, 27, of Manor Park Road, Manor Park, was charged by police last night, and is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Aimee Penfold, 24, from Croydon was charged with assisting an offender and will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday, October 6.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday, May 18, to reports of a stabbing outside a private party at The Beaver Centre, in Selinas Lane.
Ashley, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died that same morning from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.
Kestrel Daniel Dyer, 25, from Barking, Daniel Agyeman, 24, of Thornton Heath, Nicholas Terralonge, 28, of Leytonstone and Nana Oppong, 34 of no fixed abode are also charged with the murder.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
All four appeared at the Old Bailey on August 20, for a plea and case management hearing and remain in custody until their return to court on Monday, February 23 2015.
Three further men, aged 22, 26 and 28, were also arrested and bailed to return at dates later this month. Officers say “no further action” will be taken against four other men, arrested in connection with the murder earlier in the year.