Student, 17, stabbed in armpit in Barking street
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old student was stabbed after being chased down a residential street by a group.
The teenager was walking down Cowbridge Lane, Barking before his attackers began to pursue him.
He then hid behind a car but was located by a suspect, who stabbed him once in the armpit. The victim then ran to a nearby address and the group fled.
The wounded boy was taken to an East London hospital and discharged the day after the attack, which occured on Sunday, October 25 at around 7.25pm.
Police want to speak to a suspect described as being in his late teens and wearing a dark hooded top made of material that rustles, black tracksuit bottoms and low-top plain black Nike Air Force trainers. He was also wearing a balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
A second person police wish to speak to – who was seen in the area just before the attack – is described as being in his late teens, black, 5ft 7in-tall, with short black hair. He was wearing a grey hooded jacket and light-coloured trousers with a black backpack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Liz Carrey at Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1047 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 5117831/15.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL