Student, 17, stabbed in armpit in Barking street
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old student was stabbed after being chased down a residential street by a group.
The teenager was walking down Cowbridge Lane, Barking before his attackers began to pursue him.
He then hid behind a car but was located by a suspect, who stabbed him once in the armpit. The victim then ran to a nearby address and the group fled.
The wounded boy was taken to an East London hospital and discharged the day after the attack, which occured on Sunday, October 25 at around 7.25pm.
Police want to speak to a suspect described as being in his late teens and wearing a dark hooded top made of material that rustles, black tracksuit bottoms and low-top plain black Nike Air Force trainers. He was also wearing a balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
A second person police wish to speak to – who was seen in the area just before the attack – is described as being in his late teens, black, 5ft 7in-tall, with short black hair. He was wearing a grey hooded jacket and light-coloured trousers with a black backpack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Liz Carrey at Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1047 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 5117831/15.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham